Sunday, January 16, 2011

Size does not matter!

Yes, I've not been very good at keeping my resolutions.  Week two into the new year and only three posts! (must do better...) 
In my defense, it was a very busy week, with unexpected but pleasant guests, dinners out, snow storms and breakfast dates.  Anyway, as this is Sunday, the start of a new week, I'm hoping it will be better week three!
So today was a pretty awesome day.  Breakfast / Lunch with great friends and the cutest little man ever!  What is it about baby smiles that can melt the most cynical of hearts.  My afternoon was spent with a brief torture session at the Bay at St. Laurent.  It's never a good idea to go to a mall on the weekend.  There are far too many people there for my level of patience.  And no sale coats left in my size, so I departed empty handed and shamefully aware that I NEED to get back onto any kind of fitness routine.  (sigh)..

Took Keegan to Conroy this afternoon for a cold walk in the woods!  She loved it and had many compliments on her coat!  Her coat is actually nicer than mine.  She hates it but as it was minus 14 out there, she had to wear it.  She is snoring away beside me right now which is a sign of a good Sunday.  The funniest thing happened though on the way home.  We were in the elevator when a lady entered with the tiniest little chihauhau (sp?)  She put the little gaffer down after asking whether or not Keegan was friendly, to which of course I replied 'yes'!  Keegan however was not so enamoured with the little dog and hid behind my legs.  Silly 73lb dog was frightened of a 2 pound fur ball.  I laughed, it was pretty cute.
On other thoughts and random musings, I saw the Kings Speech last week, which I really enjoyed.  Geoffrey Rush is amazing and COlin Firth is good.  I didn't have an emotive connection to the movie which I really wanted though.  I liked it and don't have any complaints, but it just didn't make my heart warm the way I love it to in movies.  I also watched Slumdog Millionaire yesterday for the first time and felt the same way.  Good movie, I just didn't feel it.  So maybe its me?  Am I that apathetic I can't connect to movies?  hmmm...

j out.

No comments:

Post a Comment